SABBYA takes all reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality of your information, including the implementation of rigorous policies and procedures to fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations in Canada.
By visiting sabbya.com (“Website”) or the mobile app (“App”), contacting us, creating an account or agreeing to receive emails from SABBYA, you accept the terms and conditions of this Policy.
This Policy does not extend to websites operated by third parties. SABBYA is therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
Your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information and account information may be given when you consult the SABBYA Website or App. It is always up to you whether to give SABBYA your consent; however, in deciding not to grant your consent, you may limit SABBYA's ability to offer you products, services or offers. For more information, consult section “Cookies”.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
This Policy applies only to information collected on our Website and App and not to information collected offline.
We collect information in several ways, including when you visit our Website and App, enter information, create an account, contact us by email, post on our social media platforms, subscribe to our newsletter, register for a contest or event, participate in a survey or when you submit a request.
- ‘‘Personal information'', which identifies physical persons, such as their name, contact information, address, email, telephone number, etc.
- "Non-personal information", which is information such as the internet domain name and the IP address used to access the Website or App, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the type and version of the browser or operating system used by a User.
ACCOUNTS, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
Certain features or services offered on or through the Website or App may require you to open an account (including setting up a password). You are entirely responsible for supplying truthful information relating to your person. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify SABBYA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by SABBYA due to someone else using your account. You may not use anyone else's account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that Account. SABBYA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
USE AND COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
SABBYA uses “personal information” for the following purposes:
- To customize or personalize your website and App experience.
- To conduct a contest or survey, to enable registration or other aspects of the Website and App.
- To send periodic emails (newsletters).
The email address you provide to us will only be used to send you information and updates related to the SABBYA community. You can unsubscribe, and stop receiving emails, at any time.
SABBYA uses “non-personal information” for the following purposes:
- To improve Website and App use and response time.
- To perform statistical analyses on the characteristics and habits of Users.
- To measure the demographic variables and interests of Users relating to specific products and services.
No personal information is divulged during these activities.
Only authorized SABBYA personnel have access to personal information. These employees are informed by SABBYA of their obligation to maintain the confidentiality of this personal information.
SABBYA does not sell, market or transfer any of your personal information to third parties. However, this excludes trusted third parties that help us operate our Website and App, run our business or serve you, provided that these parties agree to keep all personal information confidential. We may disclose your information in certain specific circumstances if we believe it necessary to do so to comply with the law, to enforce the policies of our site or to protect the rights, property or safety—whether ours or those of others.
In the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of SABBYA, in whole or in part, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Security and privacy is important to SABBYA. When you access our Website, we implement a series of security measures to protect your personal information. All confidential information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
SABBYA will keep your personal information or your account information for as long as a business need exists, or for sufficient time to allow you to access the information if it has been used to make a decision about your account, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT
You have access to your own personal information for the purpose of consulting, updating or modifying when you go to your profile section of the SABBYA App or by contacting SABBYA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vi) the right to data portability of personal data concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (viii) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission's page on Data Protection.
If you are less than the age of majority in your province or territory of residence you must receive the permission of your parent or legal guardian before transmitting your personal information to SABBYA. If you are a parent, SABBYA encourages you to monitor how your child uses the internet.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will SABBYA be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages.
CANADA'S PRIVACY LAWS
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the use of personal information. To learn more about Canada's privacy laws, contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Phone: 819-994-5444 or 1-800-282-1376
Effective Date: September 22, 2023
- Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information in various ways, including when you voluntarily provide information by filling out forms on our website, subscribing to our newsletter, making purchases, participating in surveys or promotions, or interacting with us through social media. The types of personal data we may collect include, but are not limited to: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, date of birth, communication preferences, and transaction-related information.
- Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the products, services, and information you have requested, as well as to efficiently administer our website. Specific uses of your personal data may include, but are not limited to:
- Sending you updates about our products, services, and promotions.
- Responding to your inquiries and support requests.
- Processing your orders and conducting financial transactions.
- Personalizing your experience on our website.
- Improving our products and services based on your feedback and preferences.
- Protection of Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or disclosure. We have implemented internal procedures to ensure the security of your data. Here's how :
- Restricted Access: Only authorized personnel with a legitimate need to access your data for the performance of their duties can do so. Access is strictly limited and controlled.
- Training and Awareness: Our staff undergo regular training on best data security practices. They are informed about potential risks associated with handling personal data and are required to adhere to strict privacy standards.
- Password Management: We employ robust password management policies to safeguard access to systems containing personal data. Passwords are complex, securely stored, and regularly updated.
- Data Encryption: When personal data is transmitted or stored, we utilize advanced encryption methods to protect them from unauthorized access. This ensures that even in the event of interception, the data remains unreadable to third parties.
- Monitoring and Audit: We actively monitor our systems to detect any suspicious activity and conduct regular internal audits to ensure compliance with data security policies
- Incident Management: In the event of a data security breach, we have established procedures to promptly and effectively manage the situation, including notification to relevant authorities and affected individuals, as applicable.
- Secure Storage: Personal data is securely stored, whether in electronic or physical form. Physical records are kept in locked and monitored locations.
- Risk Assessment: We regularly assess potential risks to data security and update our policies and procedures accordingly to mitigate these risks.
- Compliance with Standards: We comply with international and national data security standards, where applicable, to ensure adequate data protection.
- User Awareness: We inform our users about best data security practices, including encouraging them to choose strong passwords and take similar security measures.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, under certain circumstances, we may share your data with trusted partners who assist us in providing specific services, such as payment processing or product delivery. We only share the information necessary for the completion of these services, and these partners are obligated to adequately protect your data.
- Person Responsible for Personal Information
Within our company, an individual is designated as responsible for the management and protection of the personal information we collect. You can contact them with any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, particularly to exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws.
The person responsible for personal information is:
Partner & Director
Please do not hesitate to reach out to them if you have any inquiries regarding your personal data or if you wish to exercise your rights under data protection laws.
1580 Ste-Catherine Est, Montreal, Quebec, H2L 0J1
Thank you for your trust and for visiting our website.