Elite iQ™: Laser Hair Removal and Vein Treatments
Restore the ultimate smoothness with Elite iQ™ laser hair removal and vein treatments at SABBYA in Montreal. We use Elite iQ™ for this safe, effective procedure – permanently reducing or eliminating unwanted hair on almost any part of the body.
Both non-surgical and non-invasive, Elite iQ™ is the gold standard in hair reduction technology – allowing us to safely and effectively treat all hair textures and colours, and skin types and tones (including darker skin). During your consultation, we will develop a treatment plan for your particular concerns.
During your hair removal at SABBYA in Montreal, the Elite iQ™ laser deposits heat into the bulge of the hair – destroying the base of the follicle permanently. In order to ensure the smoothest results, a series of treatments will be required as hair can only be eliminated during its active growth stage. Most patients will see optimal outcomes from six to 12 sessions.
Though not a cure for diagnosed vein disease, the Elite iQ™ laser can also be used to successfully fade, reduce, or eliminate visible veins. We recommend multiple vascular treatments at six-to-eight-week intervals.
Scale of invasiveness and intensity: Moderately invasive. Requires application of numbing cream and has a shorter downtime.
*Results vary with each individual.
What does Elite iQ™ laser hair removal treat?
- Bikini area
- Face (except directly around eyes)
Elite iQ™ laser also treats:
- Vascular lesions
- Port-wine stains and deeper vascular issues
- Benign pigmented lesions (age spots, freckles)
- Leg veins
- Some Facial veins
What is the procedure time?
- Elite iQ™ – 15 to 60 minutes, depending on treatment area
What are the recovery times and side effects?
- Minimal to no downtime, you can return to normal activities after treatment
- Minor redness and bumps, which should fade within 24 hours
- Avoidance of sun exposure and the use of FPS 30+ is recommended for 2 weeks pre and post treatment
So long as you follow your customized Elite iQ™ laser hair removal plan at SABBYA in Montreal, you will see long-lasting results. The procedure is effective at eliminating 80 to 90% of hair within the treated areas. Even if you notice hair growing back, it is typically finer and less noticeable than it was before – meaning there is no longer a need for daily shaving or even monthly waxing to achieve the ultimate silky smoothness.
HAIR GROWTH PHASES
How much hair you have depends on how many hairs are in their active growth cycle and how long that cycle lasts. Hair revolves through three phases of growth: anagen, catagen, and telogen. Hairs in the anagen phase can be treated with laser hair removal devices.
Many people don’t realize that the hair growth cycle plays a huge role in laser hair removal treatments. In addition, factors such as age, ethnicity, medications, and more can influence how fast your hair moves through the three phases. Since the cycle varies from person to person, our expert clinicians will work with you to create a customized laser hair removal treatment plan.
Also known as the “active growing” phase, the hair bulb is still intact. Your hair also grows in multiple directions — upward and downward. Since the bulb is closest to the surface of your skin at this time, it contains an abundance of melanin. As a result, laser hair removal can more effectively target hair follicles in the anagen phase.
The catagen phase is a brief transition period that happens between the anagen and telogen phases. At this point, the hair stops growing and detaches from the base of the follicle. The body also disintegrates the lower third of the hair follicle which becomes shorter.
Lastly, the telogen phase marks the resting period when the shrinked hair bulb becomes keratinized, which creates “club hair.” Club hair then falls out which leaves room for new hair to grow as a new hair cycle begins.
Since not all follicles are in the same phase at once, it is very important that you get multiple laser hair removal treatments to target each follicle during their anagen phase.
ELITE IQ™ LASER HAIR REMOVAL: WHAT TO EXPECT
You will receive an in-depth consultation with our laser hair removal specialists at SABBYA in Montreal. We will evaluate your skin type and unwanted hair to develop the best plan for your desired outcomes.
The area(s) to be treated with laser hair removal will be cleansed and analyzed, and your clinician will select an appropriate laser setting. You will be provided with protective eyewear and asked to lie back comfortably.
A cooling gel may be applied, followed by the laser's handpiece across the desired treatment area. Most patients equate the sensation to a small rubber band being snapped on their skin as the laser targets and destroys the pigment in the treatable hair follicle. Any discomfort may be alleviated with cold compresses and the use of a cooling device.
4. Post treatment
There may be minor redness or swelling around the follicle(s) following your laser hair removal procedure at SABBYA. We will provide you with ice packs to help this dissipate quickly. There is no downtime or after care required, and you may leave our office and immediately go about your daily activities.
Your laser hair removal session will only destroy the follicles that are in their active growth phase. However, since all follicles are at different stages of growth at any given time, multiple sessions are required to adequately treat an entire area. After a full laser hair removal series, patients report significant hair reduction.
Before laser hair removal:
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on the treatment area for at least four weeks
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least four weeks
- Do not use a tanning bed or self-tanning products for at least two weeks
- Do not shave the treatment area within 24 hours of your appointment
- Arrive at our office with a bare treatment area, free of lotions, deodorant, and makeup
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that will leave the treatment area exposed and comfortable
Following laser hair removal:
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and self-tanners until your laser hair removal series is completed
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, swimming, and strenuous activity for two to three days following your procedure (or until any redness has dissipated)
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on the treated area until all sessions are completed
- Do not shave the treated area for at least three days
- Vigilantly apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to the treated area when going outside
- Apply ice packs or aloe vera to soothe redness or swelling, as needed
ELITE IQ™ LASER HAIR REMOVAL FAQ
* Pain and discomfort are subjective. Experiences will vary.