Massage Therapist / Body Work
SABBYA is a union of cutting-edge wellness and timeless kindness, guiding those who want to be and feel their best towards pioneering medical aesthetics, spa, and lifestyle experiences. We are led by an innovative, integrated, and inclusive vision for restoring balance and beauty from the inside out – offering non-invasive procedures, treatments, and thoughtful luxuries blending state-of-the technologies with ancient wisdom.
SABBYA is a first-of-its-kind destination for self-betterment in Montreal – elevating, redefining, and disrupting the hospitality landscape by curating an entirely new wellness experience. This includes a vegan, adaptogenic juice bar and unique boutique giving space to local artisans from under-represented communities. A refreshing escape from the everyday, all in one forward-thinking space seamlessly drawn together with harmony, holistic care, and a human touch.
SABBYA is committed to the wellness not only of our clientele, but also our internal teams, external community, and the Earth we all share.
SABBYA is currently open in the vibrant and energetic Village neighborhood, just east of Montreal’s downtown core – near Pont Jacques Cartier and Papineau metro.
We are looking for Massage Therapist / Body Work who are passionate about wellness, customer satisfaction, and being part of a team that will help them grow and glow in their career.
SABBYA is truly inclusive, championing equal opportunities within our team and welcoming all members of our community – celebrating their differences and backgrounds, and integrating processes and platforms so that all feel seen, heard, and respected.
We aim to bring together highly skilled individuals who are both diverse and dynamic, rewarding their depth of expertise with competitive salaries as well as benefits including health and dental options, team and friends-and-family discounts, complimentary treatments, professional development, and more.
Passion for excellence in creating memorable experiences for clients.
We are looking for massage therapists who are independent contractors but will nonetheless be essential and integrated members of our team. Reporting to the Lead Massage Therapist, the Massage/Body Therapist is a key player in SABBYA’s business. They will be in charge of providing the highest level of relaxation and care for our clients, while performing massage and body treatments.
The sought head
- Massage Therapy Certification in Quebec (required) with 1,000 hours of training recognized by a Quebec association of Massage Therapy OR close to achieving that (next 3-4 months, preferably);
- OR Massage Therapy Certification in Quebec (required) with MINIMUM of 400 hours (about 2 and a half weeks) of training recognized with a Quebec association of Massage Therapy;
- Master a minimum of 2 massage techniques including Swedish, deep tissue, sports, Thai oil, lymphatic drainage, plantar reflexology, prenatal, hot stones, or others;
- Be a member of a recognized association and be able to issue receipts;
- Possess professional liability and civil insurance;
- Weekday, evening, weekend, and holiday availability is required;
- Able to communicate in French and English to understand and successfully communicate with clients;
- Proven track record in sales of massage therapy and body work treatments;
- Knowledge of physiology and anatomy, especially of the skin and underlying tissues;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills;
- Proven track record in sales of massage and body treatments;
- Strong time-management skills, sense of flexibility, and ability to multitask;
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn technology as needed;
- Engaging personality and optimistic outlook;
- Ability to display discretion and handle confidential information;
- Customer-centric approach;
- High level of professionalism;
- Punctuality and rigorous organization;
- Neat presentation and personal grooming;
- Team player.
- Perform a variety of treatments including massages, body and combination treatments;
- Conduct extensive pre-treatment consultations with clients and provide specific follow-up advice;
- Be responsive to customer questions or concerns;
- Deliver an outstanding spa experience to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Create an atmosphere that makes guests feel comfortable and supported;
- Maintain current knowledge of the products and treatments available at SABBYA and make recommendations to clients;
- Maximize sales opportunities for each guest;
- Maintain a clean, hygienic, and neat work environment always;
- Maintain and abide by all regulations regarding sanitation and safety protocols;
- Develop and propose ideas for increasing brand awareness and improving on patient experiences within the spa;
- Remain up to date with procedures, protocols, laws, regulations, and training;
- Maintain a positive attitude to ensure a friendly and professional work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Service-oriented and committed to excellence;
- Good judgment, ethics and honesty;
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Well balanced, embodying health and wellness;
- Punctuality and rigorous organization.
- Be part of the SABBYA launch team and this exciting moment for Montreal’s wellness landscape;
- Have an impact on the redefinition of the service offer in the hospitality and wellness sector;
- Collaborate with a diverse, dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate team;
- Support clients on their journey to beauty and self-improvement by seamlessly blending state-of-the-art technology, clinical practices, and a compassionate attitude in a unique facility;
- Competitive compensation based on level of skill, education, and experience;
- Commissions, tips, and performance incentives;
- Health, dental, and family benefits packages;
- Complimentary spa and aesthetic services;
- Employee discounts on treatments and products;
- Easily accessible location by highways and public transit;
- Warm and caring team-based atmosphere;
- Uniforms, supplies, products, and equipment provided.