Housekeeping / Guest Service Attendant and Lead
SABBYA is a union of cutting-edge wellness and timeless kindness, guiding those who want to be and feel their best towards pioneering medical aesthetics, spa, and lifestyle experiences. We are led by an innovative, integrated, and inclusive vision for restoring balance and beauty from the inside out – offering non-invasive procedures, treatments, and thoughtful luxuries blending state-of-the technologies with ancient wisdom.
SABBYA is a first-of-its-kind destination for self-betterment in Montreal – elevating, redefining, and disrupting the hospitality landscape by curating an entirely new wellness experience. This includes a vegan, adaptogenic juice bar and unique boutique giving space to local artisans from under-represented communities. A refreshing escape from the everyday, all in one forward-thinking space seamlessly drawn together with harmony, holistic care, and a human touch.
SABBYA is committed to the wellness not only of our clientele, but also our internal teams, external community, and the Earth we all share.
SABBYA is currently open in the vibrant and energetic Village neighborhood, just east of Montreal’s downtown core – near Pont Jacques Cartier and Papineau metro.
We are looking for Housekeeping / Guest Service Attendant and Lead who are passionate about wellness, customer satisfaction, and being part of a team that will help them grow and glow in their career.
SABBYA is truly inclusive, championing equal opportunities within our team and welcoming all members of our community – celebrating their differences and backgrounds, and integrating processes and platforms so that all feel seen, heard, and respected.
We aim to bring together highly skilled individuals who are both diverse and dynamic, rewarding their depth of expertise with competitive salaries as well as benefits including health and dental options, team and friends-and-family discounts, complimentary treatments, professional development, and more.
For this role, we are also seeking a Lead position. In addition to the responsibilities listed here, the Lead will oversee tasks related to team scheduling and organization, inventory management, and quality control.
Passion for excellence in creating memorable experiences for guests.
Reporting to the Lead Attendant, the Housekeeping/Guest Service Attendant is a key player in SABBYA’s business. This is an essential role in supporting day-to-day operations, and the job description includes a wide variety of tasks to help ensure our organization runs as smoothly as possible. General responsibilities include (but are not limited to) guest services and hospitality, cleaning, linen and laundry management, upkeep, hygiene and sanitization, inventory management and re-stocking, assisting therapists as needed, and more.
The sought head
- Experience in spa, medical clinic, and/or hospitality operations maintenance preferred;
- Ability to understand and communicate in French and English;
- Weekday, evening, weekend, and holiday availability is required;
- High level of professionalism;
- Punctuality and rigorous organization;
- Neat presentation and personal grooming;
- Team player;
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Proactively greet guests with a smile and direct eye contact at all times, respond to client inquiries, and resolve service issues in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner;
- Escort clients to changing rooms or other areas in a courteous and timely manner;
- Provide outstanding client service by offering water, tea, and towels, and ensure proper supply of all guest amenities;
- Assist in monitoring facility use to ensure guest safety;
- Perform general spa duties, as needed;
- Ensures all areas are clean and replenished with all materials needed, including restocking supplies and products such as clean towels, fresh water, drinking cups, etc.;
- Perform all cleaning, housekeeping, and laundry duties as listed on cleaning checklists, and report items not completed;
- Collect and remove laundry and linens in guest areas and take them to BOH/housekeeping area for laundry pick-up;
- Interact with outsourced laundry service to manage outgoing and incoming linens;
- Distribute and place folded linens into designated storage, changing, and treatment areas;
- Clean and sanitize all general public guest areas, thermal circuits, bathrooms, lockers, and grooming areas throughout the day;
- Maintain cleanliness and order of our facility, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning toilets and sinks, and taking out trash and recycling;
- Remain knowledgeable about our facility and amenities in order to effectively communicate with members and/or guests;
- Report all items in need of repair/reorder to spa manager/spa director immediately;
- Perform duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above;
- Inform management of any member, guest, or facility issues;
- Report any incidents, accidents, or guest complaints to a member of the management team;
- Adhere to policies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Service-oriented and committed to excellence;
- Good judgment, ethics, and honesty;
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Well balanced, embodying health and wellness;
- Punctuality and rigorous organization.
- Be part of the SABBYA launch team and this exciting moment for Montreal’s wellness landscape;
- Have an impact on the redefinition of the service offer in the hospitality and wellness sector;
- Collaborate with a diverse, dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate team;
- Support clients on their journey to beauty and self-improvement by seamlessly blending state-of-the-art technology, clinical practices, and a compassionate attitude in a unique facility;
- Competitive compensation based on level of skill, education, and experience;
- Commissions, tips, and performance incentives;
- Health, dental, and family benefits packages;
- Complimentary spa and aesthetic services;
- Employee discounts on treatments and products;
- Easily accessible location by highways and public transit;
- Warm and caring team-based atmosphere;
- Uniforms, supplies, products, and equipment provided.